What has great quality, exciting challenges and lots of growth? Our IT team! We are looking to add a Web/Ecommerce Architect to our dynamic IT team who will be responsible for architectural vision, evaluation, delivery and support of solutions within our digital technology and e-commerce space. In this role, you would also handle strategy definition and delivery of new solutions and tools. Acting as a thought leader and digital technology guru, you will make a direct contribution to our Digital Technology transformation. You will work with a talented team who are passionate about technology modernization and progression.
Want to learn more about our Digital Transformation and IT growth? Hear it straight from our CIO: Digital Transformation
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Design web application frameworks and architecture for large-scale, complex, scalable web systems.
- Provide technical guidance for internal and external partners and developers, infrastructure administrators, supporting the objectives of the Digital technology team and associated business.
- Author and review Technical Design Documents.
- Conduct Design reviews and Code reviews and ensure technical quality of project deliverables.
- Hands on development within web technology systems.
- Communication of project issues in timely manner with other Developers, Project Managers, QA and Sys Admin functions.
- Manage internal team of developers including assigning work, monitoring progress, mentoring and performance evaluations.
- Keep up to date with latest eCommerce trends and apply them to solve business challenges.
- Serve as a key consultant to business management in short and long-range company planning concerning areas of technology advancement in the digital technology space.
- Evaluate, prototype and advocate for new digital technologies and tools that contribute to digital transformation and improve value.
- Create standard operating procedures, document systems architectures, and implement best practices.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
Qualifications, Skills and Education:
- 7+ years of total IT experience with special focus on architecture, design, and development of Multi-channel eCommerce (B2C and B2B) and Java/J2EE applications.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Hybris or equivalent Enterprise Commerce Solution.
- Demonstrated experience working with full product development life-cycles, preferably experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment.
- 1+ years of management or team lead experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Engineering, or related field.
- Hand-on experience with enterprise level CMS such as Adobe Experience Manager or equivalent
- Proficiency with version control tools (e.g.: Bitbucket) and Project Management tools management tools (e.g., Atlassian Jira/Confluence).
- Experience working with business users, developers, project managers, QA, System Administrators, and cross-functional teams.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating(tm) and IDEON(tm) brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.