Are you looking to chart your Accounting career? We’re seeking a Staff Accountant to record and report financial transactions, prepare journal entries and account reconciliations, and performing detailed analysis of balances and transactions. You’ll have the opportunity to build a great Accounting foundation in a high-paced, build-to-order manufacturing environment.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Prepare general journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Research and analyze expense variances.
- Prepare sales and use tax, business tax and license returns.
- Track and report financial and statistical information regarding: cash flow, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Perform on-demand audits of physical inventory and other audits as required.
- Prepare cash report and reconcile daily banking activity and bank accounts.
- Report and submit payments monthly and quarterly for states and local governments.
- Perform special projects as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Internship in public or private accounting firm.
- CPA certification.
- Coursework demonstrating understanding of GAAP.
- Microsoft Office / Excel knowledge.
- Willing to consider part time employment until completion of college degree between Winter 2017 - Spring 2018.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.