Our team is looking for a seasoned business process & data engineer who has a passion for data and understands the significance of data governance to support the continued success of our business. The Business Process & Data Engineer will be leading cross functional supply chain efforts to optimize the quality of the master data feeding into our ERP engine by installing standardized master data management protocols. Additionally, the incumbent will take ownership to resolving data quality issues through the appropriate application of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Manage all master data inputs to key supply chain systems – Demand & Supply Planning, Sourcing & Procurement, and Transportation & Warehousing.
- Define and document best practices surrounding master data management with supply chain functional data stewards and/or business process owners.
- Institutionalize scalable business process surrounding supply chain data management
- Develop audit routines to continuously monitor and address the variance between documented data management guidelines and daily business routines.
- Maintain data modeling, mining, pattern analysis, data visualization, and data cleansing services to further promote data science method to solving supply chain issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 8+ years of enterprise data modeling and business process management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology and/or related quantitative fields
- Must have demonstrated expertise in two or more supply chain disciplines: Plan, Source, Make Deliver, Return, and Enable
- Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills with a proven ability to quickly analyze large amounts of data, interpret, and make sound decisions in a fast paced environment
- Ability to coordinate data profiling, harmonization, cleansing, and integration activities
- Proven people leadership skills to apply Lean Six Sigma (DMAIC) principles
- Ability to train, influence, and implement continuous improvement projects
- Practical knowledge of JIT / Lean manufacturing processes within the office furniture and/or make-to-order business
- Experience developing intelligent part number schemes and handling complex engineering change order (ECO) scenarios
- Strong statistical modeling skills using advanced statistical software (ex. SPSS, Minitab, Analyse-it, MATLAB, etc)
- APICS CPIM or CSCP designation
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.