We're seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our growing company, in a build-to-order manufacturing environment. You'll be responsible for the collection and processing of accounts payable transactions throughout various vendors and departments. Working cross functionally will be key! Daily duties will include data entry, coding of invoices, researching and resolving discrepancies accurately and efficiently.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Process invoices against purchase orders and receiving reports, checking to ensure that prices being billed correspond with the purchase order and code invoices as necessary.
- Process and code non-inventory payables such as expense reimbursements and utility costs.
- Communicate with vendors on AP-related issues and requests, researches and resolves issues with problem invoices, including recommending corrective action.
- Communicate with purchasing and receiving on all issues pertaining to inventory-related issues.
- Perform routine statement reconciliations on AP-associated accounts.
- Assist in the development of AP procedures and protocols.
- Updates daily activity summary sheets and vendor log.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 2+ years of accounts payable experience in a high volume environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Satisfactory credit and criminal background check.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, written and verbal communication.
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- 10-key by touch.
- Manufacturing background a plus.
- Experience with three-way matching.
- College degree in Business or Accounting field.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.