The Quality Control Associate will be responsible for the analysis of critical product defects and developing programs to resolve these defects. In addition to measuring and recording conformance data, this role is also highly engaged in supplier/production based continuous improvement.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Supports QA activities and staff in assuring product quality and integrity.
- Verifies that product documentation aligns with product functionality.
- Monitors and verifies that quality activities are in line with control procedures.
- Compiles, analyzes, and distributes reports and process control statistics.
- Documents non-conformance through SQN and initiates SCAR process
- Collaborates / participates in continuous improvement projects
- Works with production to implement rework or “special” projects
- Communicate with Suppliers, SQE’s, Quality Management regarding Non-conformances
- Collects data and issues Non-conformances
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 6 mos + experience working in a similar position
- BA/BS Degree
- Spanish speaker
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Project Management Certification
- Strong skills with quality measurement tools. (Calipers, CMM, Spectrophotometer, etc.)
- MS-Office Skills
- Production floor environment
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.