Are you the ultimate organizer looking for a chance to work side by side with General Counsel? We have an opportunity for you!
We’re seeking a motivated, self-starting Paralegal to join our Legal team. As our Paralegal, you will be the champion of ensuring timely preparation, review, processing, and secure management of important Company documents. One of your main missions will be able to track critical information including our Company intellectual property portfolio and Legal expenditures. We’re also hoping your super-organizing skills will come into play as you track and calendar Company trademark, patent, and litigation matters.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- In the first six months, you will work with the General Counsel to build Exemplis’ corporate processes and functions that will successfully:
(a) Ensure timely preparation, review, processing, and secure management of important Company documents.
(b) Track and manage Company intellectual property portfolio (including management of existing assets and applications for future assets).
(c) Track and manage Company litigation matters.
(d) Track and create reports on outside counsel expenditures.
- Send correspondence for General Counsel.
- Create flowcharts, process diagrams, and other training documents for internal distribution.
- Use Microsoft Excel to analyze data.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Associates Degree in related field
- 5+ years’ experience in an in-house legal department as a paralegal or legal assistant.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Experience reviewing and/or negotiating contracts.
- Knowledge of MS Word (including document compares and redlining).
- Knowledge of MS Excel (must include experience using MS Excel to create and analyze large data sets (sorting and filtering, creating pivot tables).
- Knowledge of MS Visio (or similar flowcharting software).
- Knowledge of MS OneDrive
- Paralegal certificate (or currently taking classes for certificate).
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.