Exemplis is a rapidly growing and successful company that focuses on leveraging its core build-to-order manufacturing capability to meet the needs of customers across multiple product lines. We believe that our continued success depends on having the right people on the bus to drive our growth. As part of this need, we are searching for a VP of Corporate Development to help lead and grow our inorganic strategy and development activities.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Identify potential target companies; lead deal marketing and negotiation for possible transactions
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to build a business case for investment activities for consideration by the CEO, board and executive team; leverage your experience to communicate the value and potential impact of an acquisition target.
- Work with product development, product management and customer experience, as well as leverage your capability for reading the market, to inform the companies investment priorities
- Drive the due diligence process and execution of deals, including the assessment of proposed target and detailed analysis of the available data.
- Build the post-acquisition integration plan; use your knowledge of working across the business to manage the integration of acquired businesses; partner with key business leaders to execute on identified synergies.
- Stay current on the industry trends and competitive landscape
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or related field
- 7+ years’ experience in business development, investment banking, or private equity
- MBA preferred
- Strong project management skills
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.