What has great quality, exciting challenges and lots of growth? The Exemplis Supply Chain team! We are looking to add a Senior Demand Planner to our team to own the creation and maintenance of forecasts of finished goods and raw material components. In this position you will lead and direct the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process and act as a liaison to supply chain teams (Procurement, Sourcing, and Warehouse) for demand and forecast related issues.
As the Senior Demand Planner, you will have great exposure to critical functional areas. Your collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, and Finance will be vital to drive a consensus demand process. You will be expected to analyze, validate, and consolidate multiple input streams to come up with a single version of the forecast. In addition, our supply chain team will rely on you to provide guidance on optimal inventory levels.
Electrifying projects and ample growth await! Are you ready to join our vibrant team?!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Own forecasting for key product models and associated components and continuously drive forecast accuracy improvement.
- Lead the S&OP forum, publish agendas and ensure action items gets completed.
- Utilize statistical tools, bookings trends, promotional/price changes calendar, and strong analytics to develop a finished product and component level forecast.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and Finance in support of the S&OP process.
- Meet regularly with representatives of supply planning to review component level forecasts and recommend safety stock inventory levels to optimize inventory turns and product availability.
- Manage product lifecycle analysis and recommend product discountenance based on historical usage, demand trends and strategic initiatives.
- Analyze inventory on hand and consumption patterns to identify Excess and Obsolete inventory and lead the disposition process for that material.
- Lead New Product Introduction (NPI) analysis and suggests initial forecast ramp.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, including managing inventory for product transitions, bookings trend analysis, and establishing drivers of forecast error metrics.
- Collaborate with our finance team to provide inventory projections.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- BA/BS in Finance/Accounting/Economics/Business/Supply Chain or related field.
- 5+ years in Supply Chain or related experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a demand planning or demand analyst role.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in a demand planning or demand analyst role.
- Experience using a demand planning system (i.e. John Galt, E2Open, Rapid Response, Adexa, O9, JDA, etc.).
- Expert level knowledge in Excel, PowerPoint, and other MS Office tools.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.