Start your journey in one of the most exciting and diversified role, helping the Product Managers at Exemplis bring to market the best chairs in the industry! You are the go-to resource for competitive benchmarking, you know the industry, product category, and all the products that move the needle in the Office Seating market. Your insights will help the Product Managers and CEO shape up the best portfolio of products for the category.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Collaborate closely with all other disciplines: creative, product design, product engineering, operations, procurement, finance to implement gather to develop critical information required for product development, product merchandising and portfolio management
- Collect and organize the information in databases that are easy to access
- Run in-depth analyses on the competition and help the Product Managers understand better the shortcomings of the products you benchmark
- Help develop compelling presentations for various audiences (internal and external)
- Assist the Textile Product Manager with in-depth data mining to uncover trends and low performing SKUs
- Develop monthly reports on product category performance and key influencers
- Work with Sales, Engineering and Digital IT to execute product catalog changes and new product introductions and reflect the changes in product databases shared with dealer partners
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 2 + years of Product Marketing experience or MBA
- BA in Marketing, Business, Engineering, Design, Finance or related field
- Proven track record helping develop business plans, run competitive intelligence, organize information and prepare presentations
- Additional experience in related marketing fields (market research, customer/retail marketing, digital marketing), product development (competitive benchmarking, developing product specifications), project management, product design
- Technical knowledge and aptitude to understand and learn technical specifications
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or B2B environment
- Project management skills
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.