Finance whiz, we’re looking for you! Bring your Accounting acumen and we’ll provide you with the opportunity to apply and further enhance your knowledge in audits, internal controls, general ledger, and cross-functional analysis. This position will help drive operational efficiencies, cost reductions, process improvements, lean principles, and best-in-class reporting across the enterprise.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Prepares and reviews month-end journal entries and reconciliations for closing processes, ensuring transactions and reports are in accordance with GAAP and internal reporting policies.
- Verifies the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger and financial statements by investigating variances, identifying and resolving issues, and ensuring all transactions, including balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and journal entries, are accounted for in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Analytical review of monthly financial statements that includes explaining budget to actual variances.
- Assist with preparation of audit schedules and all other requirements for external auditors, including financial, tax, and workers compensation audits.
- Research complex accounting issues and implement procedures to ensure transactions are properly recorded under GAAP.
- Works with various departments within the company to identify opportunities and drive improved profitability through cost reductions, operational efficiencies, and return on assets.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years of experience for a large/midsize public accounting firm
- CPA certification.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP.
- Industry experience in manufacturing or distribution.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.