Are you a MacGyver who loves to turn ideas into reality?! We are looking for a model/prototype specialist to join our world-class Design and Development Center. In this role you will have access to state of the art equipment to handcraft the future of contract furniture design. The ideas are innovative, the team is best in class and the in-house shop is waiting for you!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Rapidly create everything from visually representative scale models, to life size functional prototypes, of trend setting commercial office furniture. Create highly detailed functioning show samples, utilizing hand tools, conventional machinery, CAD/CAM, CNC equipment, and 3D Printers.
- Responsible for the aesthetic finishing of molded, fabricated, or prototype parts with paint, hydro sublimation, and various other finishing techniques.
- Ensure a safe shop environment is maintained including daily housekeeping, creation of safety documentation, and provide training to other team members. Directly responsible to ensure all equipment is maintained in pristine condition.
- Build prototypes based on specifications and details in 2D prints, 3D CAD, or from napkin sketches.
- Work closely with the Industrial Design and Product Engineering teams’ to assist in finding solutions for design requirements.
- Continually look for new technologies that will advance our prototyping capabilities.
- Assist with trade show samples and prototypes on location.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 3+ years’ experience working as a Model Maker, Prototype Builder, or in similar role.
- Previous experience running a prototype shop with CNC mills, 3D printers, and manual machining and wood working equipment.
- Extensive experience in working with a wide variety of materials such foam, wood, steel, plastic, poured foam, Ren board, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous CAM Programming experience strongly preferred: Master CAM experience preferred.
- Experience running a 3-axis CNC mill (Haas VM3).
- Experience with 3D Printer operation and maintenance.
- 3D CAD experience (SolidWorks preferred).
- Welding proficiency (MIG & TIG).
- Bachelor's Degree.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.