Are you passionate about making the world a better place? Do you want to make an impact in improving workplace conditions? If the answer is yes, then we have the perfect opportunity for you! Exemplis is looking for a Compliance Specialist for our Social Responsibility program in North America to ensure our products are made in conditions that meet or exceed the Exemplis Code of Conduct requirements.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Keep abreast of local and national labor, wage, environmental and safety laws; labor contracts; and international human rights standards. Apply this knowledge to audit checklists and assess compliance levels in the Exemplis supply base.
- Schedule and conduct on-site audits within the North American supply base and report out according to company requirements.
- Work directly with third party audit firms to schedule compliance audits, when necessary.
- Ensure that supplier processes and facilities are in compliance with internal standards as well as local and national regulations in areas of Social Responsibility, Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement compliance training programs for internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Partner with internal departments or parties to discuss audit issues, risk impact of findings, and internal action items.
- Work directly with factories to propose corrective actions and verify adherence to requirements.
- Monitor suppliers’ corrective action plans, as well as schedule and perform follow up audits.
- Work with team to drive supplier continuous improvement on social compliance and beyond compliance.
- Conduct research and benchmarking of social compliance and EHS trends in related industries and countries.
- Ensure regular and transparent reporting and communication with internal and external stakeholders, including executive and board-level presentations.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a role that includes social, labor, environmental and safety compliance, as well as, experience in supply chain processes. Auditing experience required.
- BS/BA in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Strong planning, project management and coordination skills; ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organization and record keeping abilities.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability for training and capacity building, among vendor partners and internal partners.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.