TEMPORARY Sourcing Specialist will have the opportunity to enhance our organizational capability as part of the global strategic sourcing team. Reporting to the Commodity Manager, this role plays an integral part in the identification and development of the methods by which we drive improvements in sourcing.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Working to establish and manage a global supply chain with vendors across the globe.
- Work with leadership to lead Sourcing projects including launching new products, cost modeling, and lead negotiations to achieving cost targets.
- Serve as a lead with sourcing tools with a focus on increasing production speed, and reduction in costs.
- Working cross-functionally within the organization to understand, influence, and educate others on improvements to sourcing processes.
- Work with leadership to build a sourcing road map that is understood and leveraged throughout the organization.
- Work with internal partners as product/quality issues arise, and leverage the supplier relationships in working towards resolution.
- On boarding of new vendors.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of vendor capability/information database.
- Research materials and options as they relate to new manufacturing trends
- Remain current on new technologies.
- Identify opportunities and recommendations for re-sourcing and re-negotiation.
- Assist design/development teams in identifying potential production issues and supplier limitations during the new product development process.
- Coordinate product development sourcing efforts, and work with cross-functional teams to adhere to corporate calendar.
- Ensure sample approved PO’s are placed and confirmed with an on-time delivery
- Facilitate initial discussions on capacity planning, production lead times, and minimum order quantity requirements.
- Flexible work hours to support live calls with International partners on a regular basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ yrs wokring in international trade
- Proficient in Excel
- Master degree in Business disciplines or Engineering.
- Experience with Commodity Strategy creation and implementation
- Injection molding supply chain management
- Metal fabrication supply chain management
- Project management experience.
- New product introduction experience
- R&D experience
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.