Are you a wizard with negotiations and contracts? Do you love building relationships and improving the bottom line? If you’re nodding yes, we have the perfect role for you! As the Indirect Sourcing Specialist, you will handle the procurement of a wide range of categories in the indirect remit, including both materials and services. You will also deal extensively with negotiations and have responsibility for the management of supplier contracts that build effective and beneficial relationships both internally and externally.
In this role you will have the opportunity to support the Strategic Sourcing Manager with market and industry analysis, supplier research and review, category and supplier segmentation, sourcing events, analysis, negotiations, contracting and implementation. Your end goal will be to ensure the most optimal terms and conditions for Exemplis, while maintaining our expectation of service and quality.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Develop RFI and RFP events, analyze and summarize RFP response data with a TCO focus.
- Benchmark relevant market data to ensure continuous process improvement and validation and management of pricing and cost model changes.
- Work with the Sourcing Director and Indirect Sourcing Manager to create and implement full end-to-end category procurement strategies across a range of indirect categories.
- Frequent negotiation of contracts utilizing total lowest cost as the primary objective.
- Build effective working relationships with internal stakeholders and participate in and/or lead cross functional teams to drive project initiatives, improve current processes and solve problems.
- Supplier Relationship Management activities to include ongoing contract and purchase order management, establishment and tracking of supplier KPI’s and collaborative issue resolution.
- Mitigating risk to the company by ensuring preferential contract terms are in place and that a high percentage of indirect spend is under contract.
- Determine best purchase method for existing & future MRO items (Min/Max, Blanket PO’s, etc.) Review past MRO purchase history, and forecast future usage to determine appropriate inventory stocking levels.
- Prepare spend reports and cost/bid analyses; analyze spend information to identify potential cost savings opportunities.
- Drive and monitor compliance in Indirect spend activity in assigned category areas.
- Participate in sourcing and category management discussions, provide category expertise, and ensure ongoing linkages with the business. Contributes to frequent team meetings, and provides regular communication to outline risks and opportunities for respective categories.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2+ years Procurement / Supply Management / Supply Chain Experience.
- 1+ years Strategic Sourcing, Negotiating and Contracting Expertise.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- CPM, CPSM, APICS or other professional certifications preferred.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.