Oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain an efficient and lean production floor. Ensures the Manufacturing Engineering and Continuous Improvement team’s work cohesively with other departments from the company such as R&D, Program Management, Manufacturing, Quality and Supply Chain. Reviews, evaluates and implements engineering changes and specification requirements. Drives the implementation of new product in the production floor.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Coordinates the activities of Manufacturing Engineers, Technicians and the Continuous Improvement teams.
- Partnering with other departments to implement process improvements and changes.
- Supervising and inspiring a team of workers and reviewing the work performance of subordinates.
- Responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Overseeing and establishing process engineering validation/acceptance tests.
- Implement APQP (Advance Product Quality Planning) for any new product introductions and develop a process from scratch with the proper documentation.
- Optimize the manufacturing/assembly methods.
- Utilizing continuous improvement methods to eliminate all and any mode of process waste.
- Coordinate the deployment of Lean Enterprise.
- Manage and provide guidance in all Lean and 6-sigma projects.
- Develops budget for the department.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering or related field.
- 7+ years of management experience with a mid to large size manufacturing company.
- Proven experience in managing a highly motivated workforce.
- Excellent communication skills; speaking, writing, listening.
- Lean certification and 6-Sigma Green Belt certification.
- Strong organizational, analytical, detailed planning and project management skills
- Strong knowledge in MS Office software.
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish a plus.
- Experience with ergonomics software.
- Experience with operations in México.
- 6-Sigma Black Belt certification.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.