Do you love the pursuit of perfection? Are you a captain of efficiency? If you’re nodding your head yes, we have the perfect role for you! We are looking for an Operations Manager to ensure efficient processes for receiving raw material, warehouse management as well as production and shipment of product on-time. Our business is growing and we are looking for an all-star to turn operation dreams into reality!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Supervise the planning and scheduling of warehouse, production and shipping activities.
- Manage materials to support production requirements.
- Oversee staffing/workforce efforts and partner with managers to execute the policies and goals of the organization.
- Select and maintain equipment, supervise product standards and implement quality-control programs.
- Serve as the liaison to different business units, departments, suppliers, managers to prevent any probable delay.
- Evaluate existing methods and processes to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Lead the team with unquestionable ethics and values, promoting a team orientation and collaborative environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Business Management or Logistics
- 7+ years' experience in warehousing, production and shipment of products with a mid-size manufacturing company.
- 5+ years' management experience
- Proven track record of building and leading effective teams.
- Strong organizational, analytical, detailed planning and project management skills
- Experience with Lean, Six sigma, 5S and GEMBA highly desirable.
- WMS experience.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.