The Quality Manager will be responsible for the quality operations for multiple sites including US, Mexico and China with a strong focus on quick problem identification, defect containment and quality reporting.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Collaborates with VP Quality, as well as China and Mexico Quality teams to jointly develop short and long term strategies that strengthen Exemplis quality.
• Develops and validates quality processes by establishing product inspection specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
• Maintains and improves product quality by completing product and process audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management, support the implementation of new products, and manufacturing and training methods.
• Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, supplier and internal corrective actions.
• Partner with Manufacturing, Engineering, Warehouse, Shipping and Supply Chain to ensure Quality Improvements are implemented consistently with organizational standardized methods.
• Build, lead and develop the Quality team through training, metrics and mentorship programs.
• Implement a sustainable Quality Management System.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- BA or BS in an Engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in Quality related role(s) including experience in a multi-location production manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of leadership experience overseeing a quality organization.
- Experience working in a global quality environment including Asia and México.
- Proven ability to lead and influence others, and effectively navigate all levels in an organization to drive a common vision or goal.
- Experience building standardized processes, Statistical Process Control and Supplier Certification Programs.
- Proven application of technical skills and track record of effective problem solving, root cause analysis, corrective action, & continuous improvement.
- Excellent analytical skills: strong ability to work with spreadsheets, pivot tables and databases to understand the data necessary to make decisions and drive improvements.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships
- Masters degree in an Engineering or related discipline.
- Strong proficiency developing people, processes, and systems.
- Spanish speaking strongly preferred.
- Lean certification and 6-Sigma Black Belt certification.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.