Looking for awesomeness to work along with a dynamitic team of professionals. This team doesn’t understand the phrase “no can do.” If this team worked at NASA we would be on Mars.
We make things happen! Very positive energetic working environment, always looking at ways to take it to the next level. Come join our team as a Maintenance Technician and let’s see what new levels of awesomeness we can achieve together!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Perform electrical and mechanical maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on machinery and associated equipment to include routine maintenance task on facility related request. All around team player willing to jump in on all activities.
- Inspects buildings, grounds, equipment/machinery and fixtures to determine need for maintenance or repair.
- Performs maintenance in the areas of: minor construction, minor electrical, minor plumbing, minor HVAC system repair and other components and building systems
- Operates a variety of hand and power equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Read and understand drawings, troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and pneumatic mechanical systems, including valves, solenoids, and manual and automatic controls.
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain electrical equipment of varying voltages including 0V through 480v.
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain electrical equipment including but not limited to: motors (all types), starters, breakers, transformers, isolation switches, relays, fuses, resistors, air conditioning, valves, AC Drives, and DC.
- Diagnoses mechanical and electrical problems using technical drawings (e.g., blueprints, electronic/mechanical schematics) and diagnostic tools (e.g. multi-meter, laptop)
- Operates material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment (e.g., pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, etc.) according to safety and quality procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- High School Diploma
- 7+ years of experience in a maintenance tech role
- Strong electrical knowledge, skills, troubleshooting ability, and experience working with low & high voltages (24vdc, 480vac)
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and wiring schematics.
- Professional demeanor excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Available to work overtime/weekends when necessary
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- CAD experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Electrical Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of automated machinery / wood working equipment and controls.
- Experience with basic and advanced welding techniques.
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods.
- Conduit bending experience.
- Detail oriented with the drive to follow through on critical, time sensitive tasks.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast pace, entrepreneurial environment.
- Trade school
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.