How much waste could an engineer chuck if an engineer could chuck extra packaging? We’re looking for a Packaging Engineer to dream, design and implement solutions that help our products arrive to their destination immaculately while keeping waste to a minimum. Your focus will be on building innovative packaging that has an emphasis on cost reduction in materials and damage while improving standardization across the board. Are you ready to solve this great packaging tongue twister?
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Review incoming packaging from international and domestic suppliers and develop changes beneficial for our production staff and internal processes
- Review existing finished goods packaging and design solutions for improved performance and sku reduction
- Research alternative materials and packaging schemes to determine applications in our industry
- Write Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) to manage revisions and update Bill of Materials (BOMS)
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years packaging design experience.
- Strong working knowledge of computer software tools (Microsoft office suite) & CAD software (Solidworks).
- Strong knowledge of various packaging materials (Foam, Corrugated, thermoformed plastics, etc.) and equipment.
- Bachelors degree
- Experience in the furniture industry or related field
- Working knowledge of packaging test procedures/reports (ASTM/ISTA)
- Strong conceptualization skills, high level sense of design, detail oriented, fast learner and able to offer a variety of design solutions
- Strong organizational, project management, problem solving and time-management skills.
- Works well with tight deadlines and under pressure in a team environment
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (both written and oral)
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.