We’re in pursuit of chair perfection and looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to help us reach the goal! As a supplier quality expert your focus will be on ensuring the quality of our materials is up to par with our expectations. As the Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE), you will work with cross-functional teams to provide quality control techniques that ensure an uninterrupted supply of defect free products and materials are consistently delivered to our global manufacturing operations. The scope of your role will have you involved in new product introductions as well as current product stabilization. Perfection awaits, help us get there!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- The Supplier Quality Engineer will ensure comprehensive supplier part, sub-assembly & product measurement, control and risk management systems are deployed to effectively identify, bracket, correct and prevent defects from entering our global manufacturing plants and avoid “Mfg. line-down” disruptions.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to determine critical product and components features and develop effective product measurement, parametrics, process control plans and on-going product reliability plans.
- Audits/assessments and continuous process improvement (CPI) to reduce process variation.
- Production Part Approval process (PPAP) as defined in the QMS.
- Perform material defect /failure analysis and Corrective Action Preventative Action (CAPA) plans.
- Issue supplier corrective action requests (SCAR) for resolution.
- Supplier change control management and qualification.
- Develop & execute product defect reduction efficiency strategies measured by Right First Time metrics.
- Establish Dock-to-stock certified supplier base as defined in the Quality Operating Plan (QOP).
- Meet NPI time-to-quality performance objectives.
- Resolve product quality issues at suppliers by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing closed loop corrective action plans, and providing resources.
- Determine when product process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to improve process performance based upon findings and perform follow up quality audits to verify effectiveness.
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup.
- Coordinate pre-launch production trial runs at suppliers.
- Participate in the development of Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Coordinate with Sales, Purchasing, Engineering, Production, and Tool-room to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Lead and implement product manufacturing ppm reduction and quality improvement programs.
- Coordinate and direct external 3rd party registration/surveillance audits.
- Participate in quality reporting and management review processes (daily/weekly/Ad-Hoc).
- Monitor the Periodic Review Matrix to ensure repetitive quality requirements are met.
- Manage the Exemplis product quality data gathering, information and metrics reporting system as defined in the QMS.
- Assist in developing and executing action plans for continuous process improvements.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in a GMP and/or ISO regulated industry.
- International supplier quality experience.
- Strong ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Ability to effective employ standard methods and tools, such Quality Function Deployment (QFD), FEMA, PFMEA, Fishbone Diagrams, DMAIC, PDCA, Fault Tree Analysis, Value Stream Mapping, Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR), etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Certified Quality Engineer.
- Experience in the automotive or similar industry.
- Product warranty issue/resolution service experience.
- Formal training in Lead Quality Auditor.
- Six Sigma, Lean, or ASQ Certification and/or trainings.
- Experience with quality software/statistical analysis applications such as Mini-Tab.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.