We’re in the pursuit of perfection and looking for a Product Quality Engineer to help us get there! As a product quality expert your sights will be set on ensuring the quality of our products exceeds customer expectations. With thousands of chairs being produced every day, you will need to have a hands-on and proactive approach to any quality issues that arise to quickly and effectively find resolution. As a Product Quality Engineer, your impact will be tangible as you collaborate with a variety of teams in pursuit of chair perfection!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Collaborate with Exemplis Design, Process and Manufacturing Engineering personnel to determine critical product and sub assembly features and develop effective product measurement, parametric, process control plans and on-going product reliability plans.
- Provide Quality Engineering support to Operations, ensuring consistent application of product quality assurance techniques.
- Create and implement In-process Quality Control (IPQC) audits/assessments and continuous process improvement (CPI) to reduce product and process variation.
- Implement product on-going reliability test plans (ORT).
- Issue internal corrective action requests (ICAR) to manufacturing for resolution.
- Perform material defect /failure analysis and Corrective Action Preventative Action (CAPA) plans.
- Develop & execute product defect reduction efficiency strategies measured by Right First Time metrics.
- Resolve product quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing closed loop corrective action plans, and providing resources.
- Determine when product process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to improve process performance based upon findings and perform follow up quality audits to verify effectiveness.
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup.
- Coordinate pre-launch production trial run product and process quality monitoring.
- Participate in the development of Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful closed loop corrective action.
- Coordinate with Sales, Purchasing, Engineering, Production, and Tool-room to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Lead and implement product manufacturing ppm reduction and quality improvement programs.
- Ensure Exemplis readiness for all internal and external quality audits.
- Develop the annual manufacturing quality audit plan, train internal audit team members, perform necessary duties as Exemplis Lead Internal Auditor and provide ongoing communication/reporting of results.
- Coordinate and direct external 3rd party registration/surveillance audits.
- Participate in quality reporting and management review processes (daily/weekly/Ad-Hoc)
- Monitor the Periodic Review Matrix to ensure repetitive quality requirements are met.
- Manage the Exemplis product quality data gathering, information and metrics reporting system as defined in the QMS.
- Assist in developing and executing action plans for continuous process improvements.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in a GMP and/or ISO regulated industry.
- Certified Quality Engineer.
- Strong root cause analysis skills are required.
- Experience or knowledge of mechanical product assemblies.
- Ability to effective employ standard methods and tools, such Quality Function Deployment (QFD), DFEMA, PFMEA, Fishbone Diagrams, DMAIC, PDCA, Fault Tree Analysis, Value Stream Mapping, Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR), etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in the automotive or similar industry.
- Product warranty issue/resolution service experience.
- Formal training in Lead Quality Auditor.
- Six Sigma, Lean, or ASQ Certification and/or trainings.
- Experience with quality software/statistical analysis applications such as Mini-Tab.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.