Are you a solution seeker with a passion for smooth operating processes? We’re looking for a Manufacturing Accounting Manager to help drive cost reductions, operational efficiencies, process improvement, lean principles and best-in-class reporting across the cost of goods / operational spectrum. As our Manufacturing Accounting Manager you will collaborate daily across departments and make a lasting impact on the way we do business. Come sit with us!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Works with key business leaders to identify and support opportunities as well as implement projects to improve profitability through cost reductions, operational efficiencies, and return on assets.
- Provide robust analytics and decision support to the executive management team.
- Liaise with IT on matters concerning development and upgrade of Exemplis systems to implement changes to logic, report generation and transaction process mapping.
- Responsible for the product cost accuracy of each cost element; material, inbound and outbound freight, labor and departmental expenses.
- Prepare and review cost accounting, inventory entries, and reconciliations for closing processes, ensure transactions and reports are in accordance with GAAP and internal reporting policies.
- Monitor key performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing the root cause of unexpected variances. Develop and drive corrective action plan for unfavorable results.
- Align with the Supply Chain Commodity, Procurement and Demand Planning functions on inventory.
- Maintain a strong system of internal controls to safeguard company assets.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 5+ years’ Financial Accounting experience .
- 2+ years’ experience in cost accounting for a manufacturing or distribution company.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, preferably accounting or Finance.
- Track record of working with financial and budgeting systems in a standard cost environment.
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills with very strong hands-on IT experience. ERP experience preferred.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.