We’re looking for an exceptional individual who can help us grow in a Sales & Engineering support role in a fast-paced environment. If you have both the technical and creative with an ability to communicate with clients to provide a complete quote package - this role is for you! You will manage projects by specifying, designing floorplans and providing clients with the best product we can provide for their space.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Provide customers with comprehensive quotes
- Create detailed drawings specific to each quote
- Ability to propose product solutions to Symmetry customers
- Create files for manufacturing when new product is added or a custom is ordered
- Work with Director of Engineering to constantly update CAP/2020 catalog
- Responsible for identifying areas of improvement
- Order verification to ensure more complicated orders are specified and entered properly
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Minimum education requirement - Associate Degree in Architecture or related field
- 2+ years of experience with CAD & Space Planning
- Experience in providing detailed specifications for products to clients
- Familiarity with Solidworks
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience using the 2020 product line, CAP/Worksheet/Visual Impression
- Experience in design firm or dealer
- Understanding of furniture systems
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform intricate system tests
- Creative thinking and complex analysis skills
- Knowledge of industrial standards in furniture & electrical
- Mostly office environment, occasional time on shop floor communicating
- Occasional early starts if required
- Ability to spend time on shop floor observing operations
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.