Do you like to tinker? Enjoy making and modifying things? Can you build something from a napkin sketch? We’re looking for a mad scientist capable of fabricating fixtures, tooling, and equipment with minimal instructions. We need someone willing to work with our Manufacturing Engineering and Production Teams to make improvements to manufacturing lines to help with component assembly, tools/parts presentation, workstation ergonomics, etc. Tasks can range from simple (e.g. tighten screws on a work table) to complex (e.g. create a fixture from scratch to improve ergonomics of an assembly step.)
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Create/Modify/Maintain fixtures and equipment.
- Use technical and creative problem solving skills to produce results with minimal supervision.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering and Production to drive improvements in safety/quality/efficiency through fixtures and equipment.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 1+ years of fabrication experience (Professional or Personal)
- Knowledge of shop math and interpretation of drawings.
- Experience with common shop tools for fabrication/prototyping.
- Ability to transform aluminum, steel, wood or plastics as desired.
- Welding experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a manufactured product environment.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
Mostly hands-on shop and production environments
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.