Are you a wizard with negotiations and contracts? Do you love building relationships and improving the bottom line? The Sourcing Specialist will have the opportunity to enhance our organizational capability as part of the global strategic sourcing team. This role plays an integral part in the identification and development of the methods by which we drive improvements in supply chain management.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Exemplis is a company that is driven to be the best in our industry, and this demands aggressive timelines and aggressive financial goals. This position will be at the forefront of leading the teams in achieving the timeline and financial goals.
- Acts as Subject-Matter-Expert (SME) and Analyze and interpret industry conditions and state of the art advancements, which may have an effect on design, lead-time, etc. Prepare statistical analysis of market trends for long range purchasing strategies.
- Help lead the Sourcing team to understand all the market forces and manage the risks such as FX risk, political risk, scarcity and to develop the right strategies to succeed on this challenging environment.
- Bring you’re A-game problem solving skills to create a world class supply base by evaluating and selecting the companies we partner with.
- Be an integral member of the NPI (New Product Introduction) Team launching new and Innovative products.
- Working cross-functionally within the organization to understand, influence, and educate others on improvements to sourcing processes.
- Work with internal partners as product/quality issues arise, and leverage the supplier relationships in working towards resolution.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or equivelent experience.
- 3+ years of Sourcing in a progressive Strategic Sourcing environment.
- Experience in international supply chain management
- Proficient in Excel.
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Master degree in Business disciplines or Engineering.
- Experience with Commodity Strategy creation and implementation
- Injection molding supply chain management
- Metal fabrication supply chain management
- Project management experience.
- R&D experience
- NPI experience
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.