The Logistics Analyst will be responsible for supporting the culture of operational excellence and provide strategic and tactical support in building the Logistics department into an integrated, efficient, fast response, flexible, customer oriented, accurate, and cost effective operation.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Develop and maintain the Supply Chain team’s KPI freight reporting. Prepare and present reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Manage and maintain the company’s Transportation Management System (TMS) including carrier contracts and pricing agreements, pool point locations and lists, customer order information, carrier routings and lane assignments, and the company’s carrier audit and pay process.
- Oversee and ensure that TMS data and system integrity are maintained, and that system and data protocols and requirements are adhered to.
- Maintain the company’s carrier files updating pricing agreements, insurance information, and other carrier information as required.
- Manage carrier payables and aging to promote a healthy relationship between logistics partners.
- Analyze the company’s transportation spend utilizing TMS data, carrier data, and freight payables information. Identify and report on expense trends and inefficiencies and make recommendations to improve and optimize outbound freight.
- Develop and oversee cost reduction and process improvement projects
- Track and report on carrier on-time and delivery performance.
- Support the continuous development of the TMS to improve operating efficiencies and cost effectiveness.
- Interacts with other functions within the Logistics and Supply Chain groups to ensure lowest total cost of acquisition and movement
- Support internal and external customers with the scheduling of expedites, resolving in-transit shipping issues, and filing carrier freight claims as required.
- Support the Logistics, Shipping, and Supply Chain teams with shipment routing, carrier assignment, and carrier scheduling as required.
- Assist with the development of the annual Transportation budget.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in domestic and international logistics.
- 1+ years experience working with TMS / WMS / ERP applications
- Understanding of Transportation practices and principles
- Knowledge of freight payables processing and freight claims processing
- Hands on experience in other Logistics functional areas (warehousing and shipping).
- Strong analytical skills with high proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Robust documentation, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Hands on person who is comfortable working in a fast paced and highly dynamic environment.
- Evening and weekend work if required.
- Requires some work in Shipping operation in non-temperature controlled facility
- May have extended periods of standing / walking
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.