The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for all Transportation related administrative activities including general freight inquiries, carrier track and trace, pre-ship order routing change requests, post-ship order routing change requests, in-transit distressed shipment resolution, freight claims processing, etc.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Track traffic-related activities in support of customers, sales, and customer service to ensure that daily transportation requirements are being met.
- Respond to all pre-ship and post-ship order routing change requests and coordinate the required changes with the appropriate carriers.
- Resolve all issues relating to in-transit distressed shipments.
- Arrange for carrier pickups as needed.
- Provide freight quotes for all expedited service requests.
- Log all critical transactions.
- Process all freight claims.
- Input paper carrier invoice information in company’s Transportation Management System for audit and payment purposes.
- Maintain metrics / records for the Transportation Department.
- Issue daily reports as required.
- Contributor to departmental continuous improvement projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 3+ years of experience in domestic and global logistics/transportation.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and be comfortable with change.
- Must have excellent organizational, time planning, and communication skills.
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, or other relevant field.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish.
- Transportation experience in a Manufacturing/Production environment.
- Evening and weekend work if required.
- Requires some work in Shipping operation in non-temperature controlled facility
- May have extended periods of standing / walking
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.