Main responsibilities are to ensure the efficient production of product on-time with high quality and efficient utilization of the work force in the wood shop department. In addition to this, it is the manager’s responsibility to meet operational KPI goals, continually improve the process and work force in fast paced, high volume operation.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Planning and scheduling production activities and supervising the production process.
- Ensuring the effective management of the wood shop production area team.
- Making sure good quality products get produced all the time.
- Ensuring maintenance of cost effective and high-standard production thru the application of lean manufacturing.
- Estimating production costs and determining the high quality standards.
- Monitoring the production practices and setting the schedules as required.
- Controlling of incoming resources for the production of FG.
- Working out the material and human resources as needed.
- Taking decisions regarding the operating unit's layout, size and range of service or product to deliver and design and arrangement of work processes.
- Selecting and maintaining equipment, supervising product standards and enforcing quality-control programs.
- Working with other managers effectively to execute the policies and goals of the organization.
- Keeping abreast of environmental, health and safety strategies.
- Liaising with different departments such as suppliers, managers and so on to prevent any probable delay.
- Supervising and inspiring a team of workers and reviewing the work performance of subordinates.
- Evaluate existing methods and processes to ensure they maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 7+ years of management experience with a mid to large size manufacturing company.
- 5+ years’ experience in wood working environment.
- Experience on CNC, router, edge bander and other woodworking equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, business management, logistics, industrial engineering, or process engineering is highly preferred.
- Lean or Six Sigma training or certification highly desirable.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Excellent communication skills; speaking, writing, listening.
- Good understanding of quality concepts.
- Strong organizational, analytical, detailed planning and project management skills
- Must work effectively in a fast-moving, stakeholder value focused, entrepreneurial environment.
- A team orientation will be a valuable addition to a collegial, collaborative environment.
- Proactive and self-motivated. Action bias with a strong sense of urgency.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.