What has great quality, exciting challenges and lots of growth? Our Supply Chain team! We are looking to add a Demand Planning Manager to our team that will own the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process. This is a hands-on position that will create and maintain the forecast of finished goods and raw material components across different factories and product lines. In this position you will also set inventory policies that will lead to an increase of customer satisfaction and inventory turns.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Lead sales and operations (S&OP) planning process with Sales, Finance and Operations, review recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals, and drive the agreement on a consensus forecast
- Utilize historical consumption to convert the consensus chair forecast to component forecast and to set inventory targets (including safety stock and max levels)
- Track, report, and communicate forecast and inventory measurements such as forecast accuracy, and inventory plan vs. targets.
- Maintain and continuously improve forecasting processes and techniques
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and inventory levels)
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales on new product introduction forecast ramp
- Review forecasts closely with supply buyers/planners and take feedback/inputs to make appropriate adjustments to forecast and inventory targets
- Evolve and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Finance on product life cycles processes
- Establish policies and procedures that lead to optimal inventory levels and the reduce of excess and obsolete inventory.
- Track engineering change notifications (ECN) and make appropriate adjustments in forecasting system to enable sound planning of future supply
- Work with IT to develop databases, ad hoc reports & specify software solutions to fit planning needs of the company.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- BA/BS in Finance/Accounting/Economics/Business/Supply Chain/Industrial Eng or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with demand management/forecasting tools and forecasting processes in sales, marketing, finance, and/or supply chain
- Experience leading or actively participating in a Sales and Operations Planning process (S&OP)
- Experience in managing end of life cycle and obsolete inventory
- Exceptional analytical abilities and verbal/written communication skills
- Great spreadsheet analysis and mathematical abilities
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years of supply chain experience
- Experience using a demand planning system (i.e. John Galt, E2Open, Rapid Response, Adexa, O9, JDA, etc.)
- Expert level knowledge in Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, Power Query, and MS office suite.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.