What do office furniture and software development have in common? Innovation, technical prowess and exceptional end results! We are looking for a Software Developer to help revolutionize the way we build systems to meet our unique business model. As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of custom web applications that integrate with the company’s backend systems. You will interpret functional and business requirements and develop necessary technical design documents and deliverables following implementation best practices. In this role, you will be an integral part of the IT applications team in close collaboration with the functional teams to produce the best possible solutions to support our company’s bold business objectives.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Design, develop, test, and implement custom web applications that integrate with backend enterprise systems.
- Analyze requirements and develop specifications and solutions for software projects.
- Work with project managers, business analysts, end users and the development team to create innovative solutions appropriate to business needs.
- Provide reporting capability to the business through SQL queries and other reporting technologies.
- Provide problem resolution by responding to inquiries from end users and technical staff regarding application, system, and reporting issues.
- Identify business impacts of complex systems decisions
- Ensure implementation and development decisions are aligned with best practices and future view of the IT landscape.
- Work to identify and improve the reliability, security and effectiveness IT applications, solutions and services.
- Collaborate with Management and Application Owners to facilitate project definitions, timelines, and deliverables.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in code development within Visual Studio using .NET Framework, C# and ASP.NET.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL Server code development.
- Hands-on performance tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating(tm) and IDEON(tm) brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.