At Exemplis, we are constantly looking for ways to innovate and adapt to our customer needs. As the leader of our Enterprise Project Management Office, you will support these efforts by overseeing and improving our PMO processes and driving continuous improvement across the Enterprise.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- In partnership with the leadership team, define the organizational project management strategy for the organization; contribute to organization goal setting and prioritization of business strategies.
- Develops and enriches the project management department that supports the entire Exemplis organization.
- Continually assess current processes, constraints and systems to facilitate the development of a vision for optimal EPMO business processes
- Lead the training and adoption effort of EPMO processes within the area of project, portfolio, program and governance management. Leverage industry recognized best practices, methodologies, and techniques to define and develop a set of customized processes for Exemplis.
- Oversee the application of process improvement to the EPMO processes of project, portfolio, and program and governance management. Work with the customers of the processes to standardize measure, control and continuously improve the processes leading to process predictability and sustainable competitive advantage.
- Manage an ongoing governance structure for the projects of the program
- Ensure rigorous data-driven analysis for prioritization of complex operational decisions
- Responsible for providing executive reporting & presentations that communicate the direction, significant milestones and results of the enterprise projects and programs.
- Evangelize and communicate project management activities across the enterprise and leverage this awareness to build support and ensure effectiveness.
- Provide successful stakeholder relationship management across all departments
- Supervise program managers, project managers and project management associates.
- Provides guidance and coaching on complex project management issues within the enterprise environment
- Develop a communication plan, which may include managing expectation of C-level leaders
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 3+ years of EPMO experience and / or project management leadership
- 10+ years of project management experience
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent
- Experience in a manufacturing environment highly preferred
- MBA/Masters Degree
- Familiarity with lean, six sigma or other operational excellence tools
- Project Management Professional (PMP®), Program Management Professional (PgMP®), Managing Successful Programme Certification (MSP), or other relevant certifications
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.