Use your education, process knowledge and collaborative skills to define and implement changes! You’ll have the ability to complete root cause analysis of quality issues, assist with interdepartmentally initiated process and design improvements as well as facilitating engineering requirements of PPV and VAVE initiatives. We’re looking for someone to own complete documentation of change justification and detail, presentation of recommendations for review / approval, and iteration of change process.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Work with Quality Control on identified issues related to design, components, processes, documentation, etc… Use various tools to perform root cause analysis and reach the best available solution. Document and present the proposed solution and implement upon approval.
- Assist with PPV initiatives based on new supplier or material qualifications. Work with a team to develop initial requirements for component approval and to develop, initiate and record ongoing testing and documentation requirements.
- Assist with Manufacturing Engineering initiated SKU minimization efforts as well as actively searching for reduction opportunities. Evaluate financial costs / benefits against various warehouse, production and QC concerns and document and present recommendations to various interested parties.
- Initiate drawing and BOM revisions. Will be responsible creation of Engineering Change Orders, red lining drawings for drafters and checking the drawing updates. Will be responsible for updating product matrix and checking and approving the configuration revisions after IT completion.
- Lead the engineering efforts in implementing change. Will require interaction with multiple departments to develop optimal timing based on variables such as urgency of the change, current stock position, forecast, effect on related sku’s, scrap minimization, avoidance of manufacturing floor disruption, etc…
- Define improvements and produce CAD model revisions and initial drawings. Test proposed revisions using various resources such as inside and outside rapid prototyping services and test labs. Facilitate the implementation of revisions from drafting to the production floor.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment evaluating and addressing design and process issues.
- 3+ years’ experience using SolidWorks.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, hands-on experience strongly desired.
- Experience with EPDM (Solidworks Enterprise or Blue Star).
- Broad understanding of basic manufacturing and production principals.
- Experience with Solidworks Simulation FEA.
- Full knowledge of ASME Y14.5 M drafting standards.
- General modeling and CAD drafting capability.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.