Do you have a passion for innovation and an eye for design? Help us inspire our product development team of designers and engineers, as well as our outside collaborators to create the next award winning suite of products. Exemplis has a strong growth trajectory – if you are looking to be part of an amazing team in a positive, entrepreneurial environment, hit the apply button now!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Contribute to the company’s portfolio of products, ensuring we maintain our market leadership - be recognized as the leader for product strategy, channel and customer knowledge
- Work in collaboration with our marketing department to develop our 3+ year product development strategy; influence present and future products by evaluation current / future market trends and customer needs
- Oversee our internal and external design team, as they execute on pipelined products for 2018 and beyond
- Drive innovation and development with our Product Engineering team to create industry leading functionality and quality for our product portfolio.
- Develop and manage relationships with key external designers and stakeholders; Collaborate with development, agencies and vendors, keeping current on new materials, trends, manufacturing techniques, etc.
- Identifies new growth areas, new technologies, styles, fashion trends and emerging opportunities
- Set and manage project plans for key products in development to ensure significant milestones are met
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, or related field
- 10+ years of product development, design or R&D experience within durable or consumer goods
- 5+ corporate leadership experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- A strong grasp of the stage gate process
- Proven track record of successful product launches
- A roll-up-your-sleeves style and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment
- Team-based approach; able to build and maintain strong relationships inside and outside of the organization
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.