Bring your commitment to sustainability and your passion for performance to work as our product conformance champion. Your challenge will be to guide and support product development, sourcing, sales, and customer service in doing, documenting, and proclaiming product conformance. This critical position supports business growth by ensuring industry and regulatory compliance is achieved and communicated to our customers.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Be the ‘go to’ Exemplis expert regarding performance and ergonomic standards, sustainability initiatives, and regulatory compliance. As the subject matter expert in this area, communicate the latest product standards through presentations, discussions, and guides.
- Partner with sales and marketing to provide product conformance data that will enrich marketing collateral.
- Aid and document Exemplis sustainability efforts related to product design, material selection, and other related attributes.
- Manage the completion of 3rd party conformance testing to maintain UL and other regulatory certifications.
- Enhance customer experience by developing and maintaining an integrated program of product conformance documentation creation and dissemination.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 2+ years’ of experience administering compliance programs.
- High School Diploma
- Experience using SharePoint (or equivalent content-management system) to organize and publish information and reports.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in a technical discipline.
- Familiar with furniture industry standards, ergonomics, and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to non-technical team members.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.