This Financial Analyst position offers the right person a unique opportunity to join a world-class Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team as a key catalyst for business decision support.
This person will work closely with key stakeholders across the enterprise to identify and implement action plans to grow the business and improve profitability. This individual must be comfortable working in a project environment, leveraging his or her business acumen to focus on the right priorities and deliver results.
A successful candidate must have a well-rounded FP&A background and demonstrated past experience delivering growth and productivity improvements throughout the P&L with a positive impact on the bottom line. We are a fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial culture. This person must be comfortable working in this environment to identify, create a business case for, partner with cross-functional stakeholders, including IT to successfully manage, and complete projects that focus on continuous improvement and help lay the foundation for future success.
We are looking for top performers who “get it” and want to grow with Exemplis. A successful candidate is competitive, intelligent, and comfortable making decisions without perfect information. This individual must possess a sense of urgency and fill a room with positive energy when collaborating with others to get the job done. The ideal candidate has no ego and wants to win – e.g. seeks results first and credit later. This is a great opportunity for the right dynamic, agile, intellectually curious person who wants to make an immediate, positive impact on the business.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Develop financial models, profitability analysis, and other analytical work to help drive the decision making process
- Participate in the financial planning process. Primary responsibility for enhancing the accuracy and relevance of the planning process. Interprets all financial ramifications of strategic plans.
- Identify trends and recommend actions based on analysis
- Track and determine financial status through analysis of actual results in comparison with forecasts
- Responsible for maintaining proper financial controls to ensure accounting practices are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Decide on solutions based on team input. Sets, monitors, and provides team members with performance feedback, including performance improvement.
- Develop alternative courses of action and commit to actions based on factual information; providing rationale for recommendations; weighing and prioritizing data.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships throughout the organization. Seeks consensus on business decisions with business partners. Explains the context of complex interrelated situations and potential consequences of actions - asks probing questions and solicits expert advice and risk assessment before taking action and making recommendations. Follows through in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in finance and/or accounting
- 3+ years of relevant experience; or MBA degree with 2 years post MBA experience; or equivalent education/experience combination.
- Ability to identify problems, analyze relevant data, think critically, generate alternatives, and select solutions to problems.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sound business judgment to analytical projects and provide advice to line management based on the analysis. Demonstrated ability to independently prepare financial and/or strategic analysis with accuracy and within an established time frame.
- Clear in deciding and communicating choice. Accurately assess risks associated with various courses of action. Ability to think conceptually, flexibly and strategically.
- Demonstrates good business sense, including the ability to make effective and efficient use of financial resources to achieve intended objectives.
- Possesses and demonstrates high level of technical expertise, especially in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to independently plan and prioritize multiple diverse work projects within the department.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex issues in a concise, clear manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts. Ability to establish rapport with sales force management.
- Personal honesty and integrity. Ability to effectively handle confidential information and materials.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.