- Team/Business leader
- Portfolio-level Management
- Category Expert – strategic driver role
- NPI Leadership
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Product marketing strategy
Start your journey in one of the most exciting and diversified roles in the company, leading one of the best product portfolios in the industry! Director, Product Management is an end-to-end product management leadership position that will require the ability to articulate a product vision, develop a roadmap, craft detailed requirements and lead a team to execute with excellence.
You will be the voice of our customers and must be able to partner with stakeholders across sales, marketing, operations, engineering and supply chain to develop a customer-centric set of priorities. You are a roll-up-your-sleeves type of leader that understands that the true nature of product management is doing whatever it takes. At the same time, you will have the necessary leadership skills and strategic thinking to lead a high-performing product management team.
In this role, you will have the ability to influence product development, drive channel marketing plans, partner with key stakeholders – both internal and external – and create and execute highly successful go-to-market strategies. As a member of the Marketing Leadership Team, you will support the CMO and other Executive leaders in shaping the vision for our company. You will be surrounded with a bright, dynamic and creative marketing team that will help you achieve the highest quality work, delight our customers and ensure your success.
This position reports directly to the CMO and will lead a team of Product Managers/Analyst.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Lead overall portfolio success
- Support CMO and Executive team in shaping vision for the business
- Guide, mentor, inspire and coach team of product managers
- Strategize with senior leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to align product strategy with company goals and overall company vision
- Oversee development of product roadmaps and management of product lifecycle (from strategic planning to tactical execution) -> #1 or #2 position in each product category
- Oversee competitive scouting/intelligence for portfolio
- Lead robust competitive benchmarking for all product categories
- Balance market needs, competitive offerings, customer requests and corporate strategy to drive profitable growth
- Partner closely with Design, Engineering, Manufacturing and Supply Chain to translate the product needs into requirements and drive alignment within the development process
- Define goals, objectives and strategies for portfolio (product/price/experience) and collaborate closely with MarCom, Creative, CX and Sales to ensure successful, timely launches
- Provide leadership for internal corporate and key customer presentations
- Use exceptional communication skills to conduct Executive-level presentations
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University is required
- 8+ years hands-on product management experience
- Experience developing, leading and inspiring dedicated team
- Strong written, presentation, and communication skills with experience conducting Executive-level presentations
- Experience at Furniture Contract Manufacturer
- MBA Preferred
- Prior P&L or Category Management responsibility
- Additional experience in related marketing fields (market research, customer/retail marketing, digital marketing) a plus
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.