We’re looking to build a SWAT team to facilitate special projects in the area of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering. Exemplis is in need of a heavy hitting ME who can help to achieve business priorities around operational excellence. Projects include initiatives in the areas of production expansion, automation, vertical integration, business acquisition integration and new product introduction. If you’re a capable and proven Engineer who enjoys job diversity and can own and drive results on large scale projects, this could be your dream job!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Lead/assist in the execution of special projects based on major operational business initiatives.
- Provide prioritization, ROI analysis, budget and timeline for potential projects.
- Identify/implement next generation solutions to support our evolving business model and improve the customer value proposition.
- Partner with Product Development to ensure the manufacturability of robust product designs.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- B.S. in Manufacturing Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in a manufactured product environment
- 5+ years of experience in a build-to-order, consumer product manufacturing environment
- Proven success leading/executing large scale projects in the areas of production expansion, automation, integration and NPI.
- Proven success in Lean Manufacturing environment and a thorough understanding/belief in Lean principles
- Project Management experience
- Proficiency with CAD software packages – AutoCAD, Solidworks
- Computer savvy with typical software programs – e.g. Microsoft Excel
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.