Join us on our mission to engineer the world’s most disruptive, aesthetic, ergonomic and best-value product lines in the Corporate Table domain; a rapidly developing category! We are looking for a visionary and pragmatic development Engineer to launch table product lines to rave reviews and accolade. Bring your ambition to work for a dynamic and progressive SoCal company whom loves to celebrate success after success after success!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Develop concepts from internal & external designers into creative, fully-engineered, modular table product lines, with accelerated development cycles that leave the competition standing…
- Structural Analysis, FEA, material selection, plus design of refined & elegant mechanisms
- Develop deep understanding of materials and manufacturing capabilities to facilitate class-leading design, superior reliability and unrivaled customer value.
- Identify manufacturing gaps to initiate and support development of manufacturing processes that are profoundly intuitive and error-proofed, leading to highest quality products delivered in blisteringly short lead-times.
- Facilitate meteoric sales ramps by identifying standout features and helping marketing team to create compelling product narratives that captivate and delight customers
- Create CAD packages, create BOMs, review and release 2D Drawing packs for Tables, Desking Systems, Height Adjustable Tables, Training Tables & Accessories such as Integrated Power, Monitor Stands & Lighting Solutions.
- Identify & develop component vendors, develop tests and oversee component integration & approvals
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Furniture Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5+ year track record of on-time launches of best-in-class products
- Available portfolio of designs that demonstrate an ‘Eye for Design’ and creation of aesthetically compelling Engineering solutions
- Experience with modular table product lines, including table design and engineering including height adjustable tables, static tables, legs, bases, motorized bases etc.
- Experience with BIFMA, LEVEL and other applicable regulatory certifications
- Design of metal structures, metal fabrication, welding specifications, metal finishing
- Design of wooden structures, CNC equipment, adhesives and finishing technologies
- Working knowledge of laminates, veneers, composites and natural work-surface finishes
- A proven flair for developing & evolving lean, error-proofed manufacturing processes
- Experience with Power and Data Routing components and implementation, Development of Case Goods, intimate with relevant electrical, mechanical and industry standards
- Packaging, especially flat-pack and knock-down design
- Experience working with Chinese and / or Mexican supply chain
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.