Join us on our mission to engineer the world’s most disruptive, aesthetic, ergonomic and best-value furniture! You’ll be part of a team that launches to rave reviews, awards and accolades. We are looking for talented mechanical engineers who can drive successful and flexible product development, while embracing the changes and design refinements that deliver world class products. If you enjoy the challenge and satisfaction of developing highly customized seating products that roll effortlessly off the production line, then this role is for you!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Develop families of highly-customizable task seating, side seating and/or lounge furniture, from concept to approved prototypes, and released design drawings and qualified products.
- Learn and apply design rules for best-in-class furniture comfort and functionality.
- Develop familiarity with existing supplier and factory capabilities and materials.
- Hands-on development of prototypes, creation of 3D and 2D CAD Design Packages.
- Perform product improvement projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years’ track record of on-time launches of best-in-class products, components or mechanisms.
- 2+ years’ experience in Solidworks.
- Experience designing plastic injection molded parts.
- Experience with design of plastic injection molded components and metal fabrications.
- Mechanism Design, Tolerance Analysis, Rapid Prototyping.
- Experience with Solidworks Simulation or other FEA packages is a huge plus.
- Team project work on concurrent projects, collaborating to create and manage project plans, meet deadlines and project financial goals.
- Design for Manufacture and Assembly, Design for Environment, PPAP, Six Sigma, Poka Yoke.
- Design of wooden structures, familiarity with CNC equipment and adhesives technology.
- Design of foam components and engineered textiles.
- Experience with EPDM (Solidworks Enterprise PDM) and ASME Y14.5 M desired.
- Primarily Workstation based Design and CAD work in our Tech Center, interspersed with workshop prototyping activities, validation laboratory assistance, factory support and occasional supplier development visits.
- Office type work with occasional light physical work during engineering development.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.