Do you love solving computer mysteries? Are you the king or queen of breaking down the “try restarting your computer” myth? If so, we have the role for you! We’re looking for a Desktop Support Tech to provide support on a variety of issues as well as identify, research, procure, setup and train users on a variety of IT related topics. In this role you will be the front line of IT and the first point of contact responding to phone calls, emails and personnel requests for technical support. Come be a desktop support first responder for our Exemplis team!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Manage and identify the prioritization and resolution of basic IT problem tickets.
- Respond to help desk calls and emails
- Procure IT equipment relating to desktops, laptops, printers, cell phones, etc.
- Assist with the testing of new systems enhancements.
- Must be available to work any shift between 7am-4pm or 8am to 5pm.
- Provide after-hours or weekend support as needed on rotating schedule.
- Actively work on projects with IT Operations Team.
- Assist with end-user training.
- Maintain inventory of IT assets.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 2+ years of desktop support experience in corporate environment.
- HIgh School diploma or equivalent
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Operating Systems and applications like Office.
- Some knowledge of Mac OSX products.
- Basic understanding of IT operations, theories, principles and practices.
- Basic knowledge of networking (wired and wireless) and system configuration.
- Working technical experience with installing, configuring and supporting desktops, laptops, printers and network devices.
- Experience using help desk ticketing ITSM tools.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs without requiring special assistance.
- Bachelors degree
- Previous experience in a manufacturing industry is highly desired.
- Valid certifications in Microsoft, Cisco or any network related areas.
This job requires that the person be able to work occasionally on weekends and after hours as needed. The role is primarily going to be indoors in an office setting.
This job requires that the person be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs without requiring special assistance.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.