Drive industry-leading marketing at one of the best companies to work for in Southern California! As a seasoned Marketing Director at Exemplis, you will develop disruptive communication strategies that maximize visibility and activation for our brand and generate business results. While you are a data-driven growth marketer who excels at performance marketing, you are also a classically trained leader/strategic thinker who understands brand marketing and what it takes to drive a world-class organization.
This Marketing athlete will lead the design and development for our integrated marketing plans to fuel brand awareness, demand and affinity with our target audiences – delivering significant bottom-line and overall category position results. You will be accountable for shaping innovative programs and executing strategies to drive successful B2B lead generation/buyer acquisition initiatives as well as determining the optimal mix across a range of traditional and emerging channel tactics. This includes leadership of MarCom and Digital marketing. High attention to detail and excellence in execution are paramount.
In this role, you will collaborate with Product Marketing, Channel Marketing, Digital IT and Creative to establish marketing strategies and high-impact plans that differentiate us in the market. You will also enable a growing sales team with content, training and the analytics they need to have successful sales conversations. And you will provide hands-on leadership in designing, prioritizing and implementing process excellence for marketing – fostering a cohesive and creative work environment.
As a member of the Marketing Leadership Team, you will support the CMO and other Executive leaders in shaping the vision for our company. You will lead planning and enterprise-wide project implementation with strategic thinking, integrated process excellence and an operational mindset. You will be surrounded with a bright, dynamic and creative marketing team that will help you achieve the highest quality work, delight our customers and ensure your success.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Strategic Vision: Support CMO and Executive team in shaping vision for the business. Accountable for development, strategic alignment and implementation of our brand activation plans, go-to-market calendar and foundational story-telling, enabling best-in-class work.
- Communication: Serve as a thought-partner to other key leaders/stakeholders and help communicate priorities. Bias toward action, a collaborator and simplifier – you strive for clarity and high-impact delivery.
- Performance Marketing: Develop overall marketing plan and optimal channel mix (across traditional & emerging) to drive successful B2B lead gen/buyer acquisition and end-user engagement. Oversee SEO, SEM, Social, Email automation, as well as traditional marketing channels as appropriate. Work with team to publish monthly/quarterly marketing reporting packages showcasing performance against our goals and the progress Marketing is making to support the business and cascade insights across the organization.
- Program Management: You will be the go-to person/team for other marketing functional leaders and will closely mange the overall marketing calendar, foundational marketing efforts, marketing budgets, timelines and reporting across the integrated team. You maintain a constant pulse on emerging marketing developments and technological enhancements and will partner with IT to evolve and develop our Marketing Tech Roadmap and capabilities.
- Process Improvement: Identify operational weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes/systems/tools that positively impact productivity, profitability, accountability and service.
- Relationship-building: Collaborate closely with Product Marketing, Channel Marketing, Creative, Digital IT, Sales, CX and HR to support marketing efforts with the right tools and timely, relevant communication. Provide leadership for internal corporate and key customer presentations
- Leadership (by example): Guide, mentor, inspire and create an environment which motivates team to thrive and deliver aggressive results.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University is required
- 10+ years’ experience in leading Marketing
- 5+ years’ experience leading performance marketing for a forward-thinking industry disruptor
- Success in delivering go-to-market, demand generation and growth strategies
- Strong strategic brand-building/activation capabilities as well as performance marketing expertise (digital/e-commerce space)
- Experience developing, leading and inspiring dedicated team
- Strong written, presentation, and communication skills with experience conducting Executive-level presentations
- MBA Preferred
- Leadership experience in B2B and DTC spaces
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.