With over two decades of double digit growth we are now at another pivotal point in our 22-year journey. Demand for top talent has never been greater and our future success will be largely impacted by the caliber of talent we attract, develop and retain.
To fuel this growth, we are looking for a creative, business minded Learning leader to build and sustain innovative learning strategies and best-in-class leadership development programs that will leverage our unique values and California inspired brand while preparing the next generation of Exemplis leaders.
As the Manager of Talent & Leadership Development you will work as a business partner with key HR and operational leaders to develop and execute a comprehensive learning strategy. You will design and deliver solutions that are scalable and sustainable in the areas of employee & leadership development, career pathing, performance management, onboarding, and team & personal effectiveness.
As the Manager of Talent & Leadership Development you will also partner with the Director, Talent Management to play a role in the assessment, design and delivery of talent and succession planning, specifically as it relates high potential talent. Leveraging regular communication mechanisms and internal stakeholder management approaches, you will drive the implementation and adoption of a learning culture that ultimately provides a competitive advantage for the company.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Responsible for the development and execution of the overall learning and development strategy and calendar for the organization
- Key collaborator for the Talent Management life-cycle by providing solutions to support employees at each phase, including on-boarding, talent development, & career pathing
- Supports the development of a performance-based culture, including performance standards and development planning
- Establishes and champions the processes for identifying and managing the development of targeted employee populations including high potentials, people to watch, and diversity
- You will develop a comprehensive marketing and communication approach to inform and engage employees with our learning initiatives
- Responsible for building the Exemplis learning portfolio, including building / maintaining our competency models, focused skill development, and building strategic capability
- Facilitate highly interactive employee and leadership development training programs, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats (blended, virtual, self-directed and experiential)
- Develops and implements train-the-trainer programs
- Acts as an internal consultant, assess need and creates appropriate solutions to address gaps
- Champion for sustainment of our corporate values and competency models; responsible for building solutions that embed these items into our learning processes
- Researches and vets external resources & vendors to identify best-in-class training and systems for talent development and facilitates their implementation in-house; drives cost and operational efficiencies in deployment with HR solutions
- Monitors, tracks and reports on the effectiveness of training and development solutions
- Influences key HR and operational staff to ensure learning and development is fully integrated in the business cycle
- Ensure content delivery and experiences are consistent with the corporate and employer branding initiatives
- Create and oversee department budget
- Administrator of our LMS system and all other learning resources; responsible for maintaining fresh content and relevant data
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 5+ years Training, Learning, or Talent Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, human resources, business or related field from an accredited University
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Business or related field strongly preferred
- Management experience a plus!
- Key competencies: action orientation, project management, interpersonal savvy, resourcefulness & collaboration
- Experience building, designing & implementing development solutions
- Experience using competency models
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, LMS, and web-based training technology
- Strong communication skills; ability to build relationships across the organization
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.