The Procurement Specialist will execute procurement support functions to support team during post go-live ERP Implementation. Key tasks include but not limited to running reports, placing orders, expediting, updating delivery schedules, placing manual orders, and data entry.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Monitors, confirms and ensures timeliness of shipments with suppliers based on system ship and arrival dates
- Executes system actions based on exception messages to cancel, advance, or push out purchase orders Runs and monitors daily exception reports for any supply shortages or excess inventory
- Alerts buyers regarding supply delays and collaborates with them to push suppliers for improvement
- Places and updates purchase orders for current line of products and ensures timely delivery to eliminate backorders and out of stock items.
- Tracks procurement complete and on-time delivery performance (OTD), assigns reason codes for order fulfillment failures with buyer guidance, and runs related reports
- Communicates with internal customer service and production teams in morning meetings and daily written communication regarding any actual or potential material shortages
- Responds to daily supply improvement requests from scheduling to improve shortages or for pull-in requests
- Coordinates deliveries to and from suppliers as needed for urgent parts
- Expedites and coordinates receipts and transfers of inbound raw materials with the Buena Park and Mexico warehouses
- Places transfer orders between warehouses as necessary or per instruction from buyers
- Runs reports and distributes daily to team as needed
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in procurement, supply chain, expediting, data entry or high volume computer transactional experience or recent college graduate
- Basic to intermediate Excel proficiency
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience in procuring/planning in office furniture industry
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or Microsoft AX
- Mandarin or Spanish language skills
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.