The Lead, Shipping Clerk is responsible for overseeing the Shipping Department’s Clerical team in the accurate and timely execution of the company’s load plan in shipping outbound finished goods orders.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Oversee team of Shipping Clerks in the execution of company’s transportation plan by shipping all outbound customer orders on-time and with the specified carriers.Plan daily work assignments.
- Validate order quantities and generate all required shipping documents and labels.
- Transact all shipping activities within the company’s Transportation Management System.
- Work with loading teams to ensure the accurate loading of all outbound freight.
- Actively communicate all equipment and pickup requirements to carriers and company’s Transportation Department.
- Coordinate all expedited shipping requirements with Transportation and Customer Service teams.
- Issue Advance Shipping Notifications to all linehaul carriers and Pool Distribution partner carriers.
- Respond to and resolve any identified in-transit shipment discrepancies.
- Field Transportation and Customer Service e-mails and phone calls as needed.
- Log critical transactions.
- Maintain performance metrics for the Shipping Department.
- Issue daily shipping reports as required.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Three or more years of experience in transportation and / or shipping.
- Strong computer skills.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and comfort in working in a fast paced environment.
- Must have excellent organizational, time planning, and communication skills.
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision.
- Forklift experience.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish.
- Evening and weekend work if required.
- Requires some work in Shipping operation in non-temperature controlled facility
- May have extended periods of standing / walking
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.