Fire, demolition and superior quality! We’re looking for a Product Performance Engineer to design test equipment, procedures, and specifications that will produce reliable data and insightful analysis to support the product team in the delivery of best-in-class products to our customers. Working with test technicians, product development engineers, and cross-functional groups, the Product Performance Engineer will measure, evaluate, and document product characteristics with respect to function, quality, and regulatory requirements to ensure the successful qualification of our products. If you love to take products to the limit in pursuit of quality and safety, we have the role for you!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- As a test-rig architect, you will design, construct, and program test equipment and fixtures to assess functionality, durability, and safety.
- Collaborate with engineering, quality, and marketing teams to identify and develop new methods to assess and improve product and component performance.
- Be a subject matter expert in performance tests: with both industry and internal test standards in order to lead the creation of product validation test plans and product compliance certification.
- Realize improved measurement precision by actively pursuing effective change to equipment and methods.
- Ensure the representative collection and accurate documentation of measurement data for analysis and presentation to project teams, senior managers, and marketing teams
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years' experience in a design and manufacturing environment of a tangible consumer good.
- Mechanical system modeling in Solidworks, or equivalent 3D modeling software
- Advocate for delivering product performance to customers as promised.
- Communicate technical information to non-technical team members
- Familiarity with BIFMA or other seating test methods.
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.