At Exemplis, where we really do work hard and play hard, the health and well-being of our team is paramount. As our operations and workforce continue to grow, so does our need for an increasingly robust EH&S function. So, if you’re an experienced, passionate, and energized EHS leader who is resolute about ensuring your teammates’ health and safety, then you may exactly who we’re seeking.
This is a builder-role that will have ample support from senior leadership, production management, and cross-functional partners. There will be no shortage of opportunities to do interesting, exciting, and meaningful work that will have a significant impact on our operations and its people. If this sounds appealing and like a good fit for you, then please read on…
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Develop and implement policies, programs, and procedures designed to mitigate the risk of workplace injuries and illnesses in pursuit of world-class workplace safety.
- Direct, develop and deliver EHS training programs to ensure employee knowledge, understanding, and adherence to appropriate safety protocol.
- Partner cross-functionally to develop SOPs/Work Instructions for safe work practices and equipment across all departments and roles.
- Maintain working relationships with regulatory agencies and ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are well-coordinated, and perform required inspections and audits per permit requirements.
- Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements
- Investigate, report and provide corrective actions/results/trends for all accidents and incidents
- Ensure compliance with all state, federal and local governmental EHS regulations. This includes written programs, record keeping, reporting, inspections, monitoring, testing, and training.
- Manage EHS programs including cost control/reduction and accident prevention/reduction.
- Develop, implement and coordinate all Industrial Hygiene activities including non-hazardous, hazardous, and universal waste disposal.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate all Fire Prevention/Protection and Ergonomic programs. This includes all required training, recordkeeping, monitoring and reporting programs and results.
- Track, approve and maintain chemical inventories for hazard notification, reporting requirements and Material Safety Data Sheet system updates.
- Ensure all EHS issues identified during internal/external audits and Safety Committee audits are resolved.
- Facilitate and lead Plant Safety and sub-team committees. This includes providing support with incident investigations and Why Tree/Root Cause Analysis.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or other related field.
- Three (3) years of experience leading EH&S efforts.
- Proven track record of managing/handling compliance issues, OSHA/EPA programs, regulatory reviews, permit preparation, reporting and record keeping.
- Experience in evaluating/interpreting OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations and NFPA, ANSI, ASTM, and IBC standards.
- Familiarity with Federal, State and local Worker’s Compensation law and prior experience establishing proactive Ergonomics Program.
- Master’s degree in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or other related field.
- Experience building an EH&S function in multi-site operations.
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish a plus
- Experience with operations in Mexico
The Fastest Growing Seating Brand in the Industry.
Born and bred in sunny California, Exemplis was founded in 1996 on one simple principle: when it comes to our customers, instant gratification is never overrated. Our brands were created to give our customers what they want, how they want it, when they want it. Discover industry-leading brands that offer award-winning seating solutions for every desk, space and environment.
With just 3 employees, a fax machine and a bell that was run every time a chair came down the conveyor belt, it was a humble start to what is now and 915+ (and growing!) team.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.