We have an incredible Program Manager opportunity to lead New Product Development and launches! There is no doubt this position will be broad and rewarding to any PM. Working with a diverse cross-functional team, you will have oversight of your projects - providing leadership, coordination, and support to ensure timely project success!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Lead the planning and implementation of multiple New Product Development / Introduction through its full life cycle. Establish control and deliver measurable business benefits through the execution of the program.
- Provide expertise on complex projects from concept through the analysis, design and execution stages.
- Develop, coordinate, maintain and communicate project schedule(s) to all stakeholders (consisting of Engineering, Marketing, Supply Chain, Production and Quality Management) on a regular basis.
- Establish and drive realization of program/project deadlines; ensure all stakeholders are kept up to date on project status and achievements.
- Establish and manage an ongoing governance structure for the projects of the program.
- Analyze project performance, synthesize the information and report on project performance; completes rigorous risk analysis and creates mitigation strategies.
- Manage successful stakeholder relationship across the organization.
- Develop a communication plan; can articulate difficult and complex matters in a straightforward, transparent manner at all levels of the organization.
- Provide process improvements throughout the project lifecycle.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Solid knowledge of project management tools including schedules, communication plans, risk plans, resource plans, scope & change management tools, action item trackers and project plans.
- Minimum 10 years related experience within the manufacturing industry, with preference provided to candidates with demonstrated experience in New Product Development and launching products to market.
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution skills, and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, detailed planning and project management skills – can handle multiple projects at once.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, engineering or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification
- Familiarity with Lean, Six Sigma and other operational excellence tools
- Works independently with little oversight
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.