Are you passionate about design and furniture? Do you pride yourself on achieving results the “right way”? Exemplis, parent company of Sit On It Seating and IDEON, is offering a 10 week paid internship for an aspiring design student based out of our Cypress HQ. This person will have the opportunity to improve our data integrity in TM and AX which includes pricing updates, vendor updates, materials to be graded in, and the mesh/fabric library upkeep.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Learn and understand all fabric and mesh fundamentals.
- Supports Manager in daily functions of Textiles management lifecycle.
- Setup graded list in the system and send for preliminary testing and follow-up on test results.
- Collaborate with vendors to ensure all data are provided to capture in AX and TM.
- Maintain and organize fabric and mesh libraries.
- Learn and facilitate in NPI material sourcing and development.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Currently enrolled in a design degree program
- Commercial contract furniture industry & merchandising awareness
- Architecture & Interior Design awareness
- Excel experience a plus
The Fastest Growing Seating Brand in the Industry.
Born and bred in sunny California, Exemplis was founded in 1996 on one simple principle: when it comes to our customers, instant gratification is never overrated. Our brands were created to give our customers what they want, how they want it, when they want it. Discover industry-leading brands that offer award-winning seating solutions for every desk, space and environment.
With just 3 employees, a fax machine and a bell that was run every time a chair came down the conveyor belt, it was a humble start to what is now and 915+ (and growing!) team.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.