The Machine Operator works in the manufacturing plant to meet production, quality, and service delivery goals. The Machine Operator will work through effective utilization of resources and is responsible for meeting or exceeding customer expectations through coordination, and value based leadership of manufacturing processes, organization and lean processes.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Responsible for specific machine operation and related key performance measures of operation adhering to safe work practices
- Works with Team on floor activities for machine’s operation on the shift, completing work assignments congruent with operations schedules and communicated goals for shift
- Positions and secures work pieces on machines, measuring instruments and other tools to operate machine efficiently and safely.
- Facilitate a focus on continuous improvement through the application of lean manufacturing principles and quality control practices.
- Responsible for meeting quality requirements and maintaining quality standards for your specific area of responsibility.
- Work with department to ensure all processes, equipment, safety, and housekeeping of the areas, meeting productions quality and quality standards on the shift.
- Inspect product for defects and work closely with production operators and quality to identify root-causes and corrective actions to maintain quality standards.
- Performs miscellaneous related duties and carries out special projects as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- High School diploma or the equivalent
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience required, preferably in the building products
● Non-temperature control environment
● Work overtime as needed to complete daily production schedule
● Prolonged standing/walking
● Lifting/pushing/pulling up to 50lbs
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.