The local driver will be responsible for safely loading, securing, transporting, unloading, and driving a company vehicle while delivering product to our local customer sites. The local driver reports to the traffic department for work direction and daily route. Driver is responsible for keeping accurate log sheets, route sheets, and all other applicable paperwork. All paperwork must be legible and turned in to the traffic department daily. The local driver will also be assigned to pick up at our local vendor suppliers and deliver raw material to our local warehouse.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Must be able to work independently to accomplish the day’s work
- Counts and verifies freight for accuracy prior to and during the loading process
- Communicate with traffic dept. to report transportation and delivery issues
- Communicate with customer to ensure timely and customer-friendly delivery
- Courteously and safely unload at customer’s place of business
- Assists customer to identify all items delivered and obtain verifying manifest signatures.
- Assists customer during the loading/unloading process when applicable.
- Assists in maintaining the security and safety of the loading dock area and company vehicle.
- Reports to traffic department daily with accurate log sheets and manifests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Class C license required
- DMV record must be clear of violations
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred
- Great communication skills
- Two years delivery driving experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
Exemplis LLC, headquartered in Cypress, CA, is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded contract office seating products in North America. The company provides a broad range of task, executive, conference, side, visitor and lounge seating products that are distributed through independent contract office furniture dealers under the SitOnIt Seating™ and IDEON™ brands. Exemplis is the market share leader in the middle segment of a $3.0 billion addressable seating market in North America.
The Company has an installed base of over five million seating products in a wide variety of industry and institutional environments, including High Tech, Health Care, Hospitality, Government, Education, and Manufacturing. Exemplis has delivered strong sales growth and profit margins on a debt-free capital structure. The Company’s profitable growth has been enabled by its build-to-order business model which has allowed the Company to consistently deliver to its target market a value proposition based on choice, speed, quality and performance at affordable prices.
Exemplis' commitment to its customers drives the Company's market and operating strategies. Management has a strong bias to action and a focus on quality, operational excellence and superior financial performance. For more information, please visit http://www.exemplis.com.
Exemplis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws that is not related to job requirements.